I'm open to Sat or Sun. ya'll pick it, I'm usually there by 9, sometimes a little earlier. Rain is in forecast but when isn't it in the summer here. I'm sure there will be water and mud but it should be rideable. Gotta check the site to make sure it isn't closed cuz it's too wet though. As of the moment park shows open.
Last Edit: Jul 1, 2021 19:00:47 GMT -5 by scottm21
I should have posted this sooner (Sorry Scott). With our Florida weather being what it is, always check the St. Mary's Shoals website immediately before departing from home to ride there, so as to confirm it's open that day. With sporadic heavy rainfalls, SMS personnel may evaluate the conditions the p.m., or possibly even the a.m.(?) before the park opens for the day, and make a last minute decision.
Post by johnnyb300 on Jul 10, 2021 16:36:54 GMT -5
Definitely closed today. I wouldn't expect the park to be open within the next week, maybe 2. Always check their website to be sure just before heading there. Status today is in the red letters on the site. www.bakercountyfl.org/stmaryshoals.php/
As of last Saturday, you could not get past the bridge. BUT, Scott and I got out on the horse side and looked at some big blocks of woods for enduro trail. Some thick sections, but alot of breadcrumb and go! Planning to go back out and start putting together some sections SOON, as we have access to the park (under certain conditions) regardless of it being open or not. So if someone wants to go , call and confirm. We need to get more members familiar with the horse side.
Park is closed this weekend, due to road washout. BUT, we can still go out and establish trail on the horse side. Only problem, nobody has contacted me. We still have a Nov. 21 enduro date and the trail we put in for that, will be available to ride for mileage, arrowing and during another club picnic. BIG PLUS, we do not have to pull arrows down!! Only have to clean up any road sections after the event. So look at the long term advantage. You trail cutters need to start calling each other and plan accordingly.
My add to Mundy's comments are we need help to start getting a trail together for our November Enduro. I know it's hot. I know it sucks that we can't ride Shoals right now because of monsoon season. I know covid is still an issue. However, the traditional crew of hard workers for this club are slap worn out and we need some new faces out on our work days. The club continues to search for a property to lease as our own but a lot of hard work was done to create what is currently our ride spot at St Marys Shoals. Mundy continues to sacrifice his time for the club and give his creative trail design abilities. That being said, he needs club member support to make the trail come together. Please, in the coming weeks do your best to offer some time to help the club out. I will try to give more heads up on work days in advance to give everyone a chance to plan. We are planning to meet a horse gate at 8:30 this Sunday. Park is closed to everyone except club and only way in is to meet at horse entrance at 8:30. Thanks to all club members and family and friends for you support.
There is a possibility that the park may be closed for some time due to road damage up north. BUT, that does not prevent us from establishing trail on the horse side. Scott and I have a good grasp of where all the sections will connect and have a good loop layed out. Need some enthusiastic members to come out. This is club member ONLY, and limited to certain times and days. I always keep some bike "friendly" sections to mark, but quads and GPS are still in high demand. Remember , if your interested--- CALL (before you haul) and CONFIRM day and time, meeting area. Mundy 904-465-2013 (no text) if voice-mail leave call back #!